Pages

Mirchi bajji

Mirchi bajji


I don’t have words to describe this recipe. Most adored evening snacks and a must have in all our family functions. We had a get together recently at my uncle’s place and trust me he is great cook and perfectionist , no wonder madness for food runs in my blood.. S0 this was made there. I knew it would come out awesome and i tagged my cam along with me. It was joint effort but the base recipe was suggested by my uncle. My aunt and cousin filled mirchis with masala. They were soo patient in doing this :) . While my uncle fried it in oil. It was made in large scale. After a lot of coaxing both uncles told this recipe to me. They inherited it from their elders . Thanks sankar babai and hari babai :) for telling me “family secret”:P  .  I scaled down ingredients to 10 nos. For the get together we weren’t supposed to use onions. But you can slit the bajjis after they are fried well and stuff them with onions (probably with lemon squeezed on them) and they will taste “out of the world”  Here is the recipe :)

INGREDIENTS :-
Senagapindi/Besan :- 2 cups
Vaamu/carom seeds :- 3 teaspoons
Aamchur powder :- 3 teaspoons
Salt :- as required
Boiled and mashed potato :- 1 large
Oil :- for deep frying.
Cooking soda :- 1 teaspoon
Mirchi’s/Chillies :- the fat and big ones (which are used especially for bajjis)
METHOD :-
  1. First mix carom seeds, mashed potato , aamchur, salt well into smooth dough.
  2. Now mix well besan ,remaining salt, cooking soda into dosa batter consistency.
  3. Slit the mirchis and fill it with stuffing.
  4. Now coat the mirchis with besan batter and fry it oil till it gets cooked.
  5. Remove it and keep it aside on news paper for 10 min.
  6. Again take the already fried mirchis and fry them again till they turn bit crisp :)
Now who can resist this ? :D


No comments:

Post a Comment