Pages

Masala roti

Masala roti


This was taught to me by my aunty from neighborhood who haled originally from Gujarat . This aunt of mine loves to experiment with food, she did few modifications to the recipe her mom taught her and made this. I happened to be at their place when she was making it. She made me taste it and it was awesome :D . I coaxed her to tell me the recipe and here it is :-) . I might still not match her recipe and taste but I did my level best. She used to add millets such as bajra , jowar etc to flour everyday to make chapatis more healthy..I loved this concept till date I do the same  :-)

INGREDIENTS :-
Wheat Flour :- 3 cups
Bajra :- 1 cup
Jowar :- 1 cup
Spring onions :- very finely chopped
Garlic (finely chopped):- 1/2 cup
Green chillies :- 1-2(optional)
Salt :- as required
Curd :- thick one(1 cup)
Saunf (fennel seeds), til/nuvvulu(Sesame seeds), Vaamu(Carom seeds) :- 3 teaspoons each
Turmeric :- a pinch
Coriander :- chopped finely , a bunch
Oil :- to roast
METHOD :-
  1. Grind together coriander ,green chilies and garlic .
  2. Now mix, coriander-green-garlic chilly mixture, salt, chopped spring onions,curd, turmeric, jowar, bajra , wheat flour .
  3. Slightly roasts sesame seeds, carom seeds, saunf and add it to the mixture.
  4. Now knead this into a nice dough. MAke sure its not sitcky
  5. Roll out like normal chapathis and roast them with little oil

No comments:

Post a Comment