Pages

Mamidikaya Charu/Raw Mango Rasam

Mamidikaya Charu/Raw Mango Rasam


My parents visited us these days. My mom is an awesome cook. She is a delight for food lovers like me :) .
This one is made by her and I took the photos and learnt the recipe :) . We fed it to my kid with rice. He is 9th month old. Trust me he loved it and cried if we stopped feeding him that . So me and kiddo were eating until rasam was over :D
INGREDIENTS :- 
Sour Mango :- 1
Tomato :- 1 large chopped
Green chillies :- 2-3
Rasam powder :- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric :- a pinch
Salt :- as required
Oil :- 1 tablespoon
Sugar/jaggery :- a small piece(optional)
For Tempering/seasoning :-
Urad Dal :- 1 teaspoon
chana dal:- 1 teaspoon
jeera :- 1 teaspoon
aavalu/mustard seeds :- 1 teaspoon
Dry Chillies :- 2-3
Curry leaves :- 2-3
Hing :- a pinch
Curry leaves for tadka :- 4-5
METHOD :-
In a pressure cooker , cook mango for 3 whistles.
After it cools down  squeeze out entiiire pulp into a pan. add water of necessary
Add salt, turmeric , chopped tomatoes, rasam powder and slit green chillies and bring it to boil.
Now in a frying pan add oil heat it and add all tempering ingredients and ad them directly to rasam .
Serve it hot with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment