Pages

Jantikalu/ Murukulu

Jantikalu/ Murukulu

My mom used to make this in our summer holidays so that we don’t bug her entiire day to make something to eat :P. She used to make them in large quantities and different varieties. I had a kitchen set when I was in primary school :) . So I and my friends used to play with kitchen set and pretend as if we are cooking something using these jantikalu aka murukulu. We Also had Moori mixture and gavvalu  as our other ingredients . Huhh !! Miss those carefree days . I still have a toy from my kitchen set . Just saved it so that I can show to my kids :) . Here is the recipe for jantikalu
INGREDIENTS :-
Chick pea Flour/Senagapindi :- 2 cups
Rice Flour/ Biyyapindi :- 1 cup
Chilli powder :- as desired
Salt :- as desired
Sesame seeds/Nuvvulu ;- 1/ 2 cup
Cumin Seeds/jeera ;- 2 teaspoons
Water ;- to make dough
Oil:- for deep frying
Jantikalu Machine :- The one in second photo. Its hand pumped machine . I got this from a fair in hyderabad. Its available anywhere. But you will definitely need this
METHOD :-
  1. Mix all ingredients except oil to make stiff dough, same consistency as we make for chapathi.
  2. Heat oil in a pan
  3. Stuff the machine with dough and press hard to get desirable shapes directly into the heating oil. Careful with the oil :) . Make sure your hands are not wet.
  4. Fry them until they turn little brown.
  5. Store them, they can be eaten for more than a week :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment